What you can expect during your visit to the CPC
- A welcoming child-friendly environment for you and your child.
- A meeting with the Family Advocate (FA) who will be ready to answer all your questions and will discuss services for your child and your family (if needed) as well as future follow up.
- While you meet with the FA, a trained Forensic Interviewer (FI), or investigator will meet with your child and perform a child-friendly conversation to inquire what has happened to him/her.
- The interview is child-centered, so the child dictates the flow and length of the interview. No child gets forced into talking.
- The interview is videotaped in order to avoid multiple interviews to the child and to provide a copy to the investigative agency. (No DVD’s are given to the family)
- When the interview is over, the FI will bring your child back to the front office, but won’t be able to meet with you, ONLY the advocate.
- The CPC does not lead investigations, so if you have any questions regarding the status of a case, please check with the law enforcement authority/agency involved in the case.
What you can expect after your visit to the CPC
- The Family Advocate will help your family or child connect with any resources necessary, such as therapy, legal aid, etc. The advocate can work on your child’s behalf, or give you information to start accessing resources.
- The Family Advocate will follow up with by phone or appointment to make sure that your child and your family is receiving all the resources available. This is a good time to talk to the Family Advocate about any challenges your family is facing.
- While the CPC does not lead investigations, we may be able to help you find out answers to your questions regarding the status of the case.
ALWAYS FEEL FREE TO CONTACT THE CPC or FAMILY ADVOCATE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR NEEDS. WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOUR CHILD!